Wednesday, May 14, 2008

God's Faithfulness in All Things!

This picture my husband took is a glimpse of God's faithfulness. He takes care of those tiny little flowers, clothing them with brilliance and allows the sun to give them light, the rain to water, and the soil to nourish there very beings. Wow, if He does all that for those tiny delicate flowers that live high up on the mountain top, how much more does He care for us!

The Lord has shown me just such care. I guess about two weeks ago now my Dr. and I decided that for my health and healing I needed to stop breast feeding. That was the hardest decision. Not only do I love the convenience and health benefits, I adore the intimacy that breast feeding brings. Something I felt that I would lose. Knowing that I had to wean her and stopping completely was to painful I went to two a day feedings and then to once a day for a few days. Many times as I would sit and nurse her I would cry and hold her tight to my breast for fear that I was never going to have that closeness and tenderness between us again. But the other day when I went to nurse her my milk was gone. And to my amazement my heart was not broken nor the sweet bond which we share lessened. To the contrary, I feel so close to her and God has shown His faithfulness in a new way. Now when I feed Annya her bottle she watches me and gently touches my face, or twirls her hand through my hair. And she does it most often when we are alone and I can just sit and bask in the faithfulness of God which is displayed through the love of my daughter!

Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf! I am slowly but surely getting better! Not breast feeding has helped me regain my strength a lot!

No comments: